connecting to tva nd pc?

DarkHelmet82

this is like the 5th time this has been asked this week! LoL

Your TV MUST have an audio output. if it does, then you will need to convert that rca to mini and then double it so that youcan get 4.1.

if you have audio out on your tv, let me know and then i will get into how to do this, like the product numbers and stuff Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

You will need two.....

Gold Plated Couplers

274-886.jpg

$3.49 Reg. Price Brand: RadioShack

Cat.#: 274-886 Model: 274-886

Premium gold-plated connectors Gold plating reduces corrosion, substantially reduces signal loss and insures maximum performance.

24K gold-plated connectors

Connects two 1/8" stereo phone plugs

Connects two 1/8" stereo phone plugs

Now, you will get to choose two of one of the following...

You will need two Gold-Plated Shielded Y-Cable which comes in sizes of 18" and 6 feet. the 6 foot one will be good to allow you extra room, but the 18 inch ones will keep the mess down. i will post both of their info below...

18" Gold-Plated Shielded Y-Cable

42-2483.jpg

$4.49 Reg. Price Brand: RadioShack

Cat.#: 42-2548 Model: 42-2548

Premium shielded Y-cable with gold-plated connectors Gold plating reduces corrosion, substantially reduces signal loss and insures maximum performance.

24-karat gold-plated high-performance contacts.

Accepts two phono (RCA) plugs

Fits 1/4" stereo phone plug

Shielding provides a defense against interference and "hum"

Length 18 inches

6' Gold Series Y-Adapter Audio Cable

42-2483.jpg

$6.49 Reg. Price Brand: RadioShack

Cat.#: 42-2551 Model: 42-2551

Use to combine or split audio signals between components. This cable set maximizes signal transfer for optimum sound. Gold plating reduces corrosion, substantially reduces signal loss and insures maximum performance.

Two 1/4" phono (RCA) plug to 1/8" stereo phone plug

Copper center conductor for superior signal transfer keeps out annoying electrical interference - which can distort audio signals

6-foot cable lengths

Shielded to prevent interference

Strain reliefs for extra durability

Everything listed here is gold plated. that is very important if you want the best sound you can get Smile.gif I provided pictures of every product to make it easier to find, however, on the RCA Stereo to Mini Stereo cords (everyone has a different name for these things...) Radio Shack did not have a picture, so i have given you a picture of the regular ones (non gold plated), make sure yours are gold plated. Call the store before going there and ask them if they have the products before making the trip, make sure to use the model numbers or catalog numbers to make sure they don't get you screwed up. Smile.gif

So, get two of each item, total items equals 4, total costs range from $17.28 with the 18 inch cord to $21.61 with the 6 foot cord.

I hope this helps you out some Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

How easy was it to find the parts at Radio shack, and did they cost the same as i quoted you? Just wondering if the internet price is the same as the in store price and if the numbers were the same. when i went there, my catalog number was wrong...

------------------

-justin

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Neo:

im reading this Justin, and I have only one of those mini gold plated couplers at the moment. I have two of those stereo RCA to 1/8 plug. So now what do I do? how do I connect all this up to my stereo out on my dvd player?

so, what all are you trying to connect to the promedida's, you have the 4.1's? it will depend on the outputs, whether it is just stereo, 4.1 or 5.1, ect.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

If you guys have your computers near the TV, then you should just plug the single RCA to 1/8" cable into your line in on your sound card. The sound card will then mix it into all four channels. at least, it should, my SB Live 4.1 does it. It won't be true surround, but the TV audio out will be stereo anyway, so there is nothing else I know of that you can do. This will make it easy to switch, you can have both going at the same time if you want! I hope this helps..

------------------

I wish I had a space ship.

What i have is a Pioneer dvd player. It does not have 5.1 digital decoder built in. But It does have the Stereo RCA connections on the back. And if i plug the 2 plugs from the 4.1's into the dvd player, I only get sound from one main speaker and the one surround. So I want to know how do I connect it so I get sound from all 4 speakers. Simple, thats it, thats all i want to know