Mounting Klipsch RS-25 Speakers

Rosso

I have just purchased a pair of these speakers and woudl like to mount them/hang them from the ceiling. I see that they have a screw type mount fixture in the bck of them.

Does anyone know of a ceiling mount that will do the job?

I was looking at the OmniMount 10.0 stainless steal ones or the Omni Mount 20.0 but I am not sure of the thread size that I need and also if these even fit.

If anyone knows of any that will work it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

The 1/4 20 threaded insert in the RS-25 is NOT intended to bear the full weight of the speaker hanging vertically from it. It is intended to bear the shear weight which is very different.

Damn, and there I was thinking I had solved the problem. I'm really not industrious enough to do that myself, neither do I know anyone else who is so inclined.

Can someone briefly explain what the difference is between the vertical weight and the shear weight?

THanks

If you attached the RS-25 directly to the ceiling, gravity would be trying to pullthe threaded insert out of the back of the cabinet and is parallel to the axis of the insert. if you mount the RS-25 to a bracket and attach the bracket to the ceiling, gravity is not trying to pull the insert out of the cabinet. The force is perpendicular to the axis of the insert. If my ability to attach files is working you can see this very rough diagram.

post-2141-13819329451498_thumb.gif

nice drawing Bob,

in most situations the RS speaker should be used as a side surround, mounted flat to the wall. The speaker has drivers on three different planes- it really isn't necessary (usually) to attemp to aim the speaker. Really, trust me on this one.