Anyone want to repair a Harman/Kardon HK775 Amp?

theplummer

I've been thinking about calling the shop that I normally use for my Sunfire/Adcom products. He's aces. I also know that he does tinker with vintage stuff. I was just hoping someone in this great community had direct knowledge of this particular amp and would want to tackle the "Basket Case", due to the centimentallity of the project. Kind of a nice conversation piece once finished to tell guests the story of how I came by it and how "WE" fixed it in his honor. Norman would have liked that.

Update on repair.

I hate to sound like a cheapass, but I called a repair shop that I've used in the past, and it turns out that vintage equipment is thier specialty.

Their policy is to charge $50.00 to diagnose the amp, and If I choose to have it repaired, the $50 is applied to the repair cost of the unit. My next question is, I know the sentimentallity has a value to me, but I can see that this could run into some serious money. I've seen pairs of these listed on Ebay for $300.00.

further opionions requested on wether to bother or not.

Maybe I need to look at it as, is my buddies memory worth $50.00 to just see or not if its worth fixing. I think so, but if its going to take another $200 to fix, that may be a fools errand. What do you guys think. Is this really as good of an amp as I think.

• 2 years later...

Do you still need you hk775 repaired? I have 16 of them...... yes 16 Harman Kardon hk775's. I have had 4 of them restored and use them in my current system. According to the serial # of the amp the schematics will be different and you need the right schematic for the right amp according to it's serial number. I have all of the schematics for all of the serial numbers. Which one do you need?

• 2 weeks later...