Help wanted in matching speakers

evolusean

I'm new to the AV world, & I went out & purchased a pair of RF-82s , RC-52 center, & a RW-12 sub. These were bought from a local "CHAIN" store.

I am about to buy some speakers for the rear, either RS-42s or RB61s.

I now realize that these speakers are from different series of Klipsch. So basically is it a bad thing to have such a "mix" of speakers?

The room is 12' wide, & 18' long.

I'm new to the AV world, & I went out & purchased a pair of RF-82s , RC-52 center, & a RW-12 sub. These were bought from a local "CHAIN" store.

I am about to buy some speakers for the rear, either RS-42s or RB61s.

I now realize that these speakers are from different series of Klipsch. So basically is it a bad thing to have such a "mix" of speakers?

The room is 12' wide, & 18' long.

Hello there, for surrounds (placed on each side of the listener in a 5.1 system )I would go with the RS series, much better for "surround" use in movies, the RB series is better suited for use as small front speakers or rear surrounds( in a 7.1 system located on the back wall facing forward). Those speaks will all mix quite well together, just ensure that each channel is balanced for output levels( all speakers are at the same volume at your listening position)

Enjoy!

Chris