HOME theatre newb

mrj

HI-

I posted this in the architecture forum but i maybe should have posted here. Iam new to the forums and high end equiptment. Iam wanting to use some Khorns i have in a HT setup. I ahve no clue as to what is required to do so or if it is even worth while to use these speakers in a HT setup? I saw afew memebers here have done so . What would i need components wise to have a 6.1 or 7.1 setup that also pulls double duty? Am i wasting my time with these speakers in a HT setup? Should i seel them to finance A new HT setup? I currently am running them off a luxman mosfet tube amp setup. Any help is greatly appreciated

JAson

No you are not waisting your time... Dual duty for HT and 2CH can be done. Do the Khorn HT. Here is the link my my HTs pages on this forum. http://forums.klipsch.com/photos/the_klipsch_gallery/tags/j-malokty_2700_s+Heritage+HT/default.aspx

I use a bunch of old McIntosh amps for my HT. I have a McIntosh preamp for 2CH, and a Lexicon processor for the 7.1 HT. Main thing it to get a Center that can keep up with the Khorn. Midrange is the most important. If you can fit a LaScala that is the best. Sides and rears still need to be Heritage for timbre. Going down to a Heresy will work.

I have had a lot of forum heavy hitters over to my place and the consensus is that HT and 2CH works together.

JM