A question about keyhole brackets

dr venkman

Hi... I'm currently in the middle of a "conversation" with Klipsch tech support regarding which products have keyhole brackets. The TS guy has stated the only current Reference series bookshelf speaker that HAS brackets is the RB-10. I thought the RB-51 also had brackets (as stated on the website). Can anyone help verify this, hopefully with pictures?

Thanks

Hi... I'm currently in the middle of a "conversation" with Klipsch tech support regarding which products have keyhole brackets. The TS guy has stated the only current Reference series bookshelf speaker that HAS brackets is the RB-10. I thought the RB-51 also had brackets (as stated on the website). Can anyone help verify this, hopefully with pictures?

Thanks

Check the pics here> http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-RB-51_W0QQitemZ140101037793QQcategoryZ94906QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Keith

Dr. V.,

The observation that rear ports and keyhole mounting seem at odds does make sense. I was told that the RB51 no longer has the keyhole mount for that reason. I've also been in conversation with engineering regarding the need for a smaller bookshelf speaker with front ports, like the RB25. I will double check this at the office tomorrow.

Latest thinking is that although THX standards call for rear surrounds to be monopole direct radiating speakers, in practicality for many users the room is not a dedicated HT room and exact placement problematic. Therefore using the Klipsch WDST RS style surrounds for both side and rear use is not only acceptable, but more pleasing in some instances. The RS are all wall mountable and do not have rear ports.

Keith- thanks for posting that photo.

As it's been pointed out, the RB-51s do have rear ports. I have a pair of RB-61s that I want to hang on the wall and that's where the discussion with Klipsch Tech Support started.

The RB-61s are going to be my L/R main speakers. These are front-ported and would be ideal for my living room. I have two very young children and need to have speakers that aren't within their reach. My son has already knocked over my current floorstander, but thankfully it didn't land on him!

Someone has suggested building a shelf for the speaker to set on, but I was hoping to attach brackets for a more elegant appearance. I have my four surround speakers on the wall, so hanging bookshelves seemed the next logical step.

Thanks for posting the photo.