1986 Klipschorns

mrj

I 've decided to sell a pair of 1986 klipsch horn speakers. My father in law was the original buyer. They are in great condition. The only downfalls are 1 they are lime green upholstered, and 2 the upholstry on the bolt on side panels have seen better days ( the wood frame work is in awesome shape). there are afew minor corner chips on the veneer here and there but the pictures speak for the over all condition .Attached should be digital pictures. I live in central California and would prefer not to have to crate for shipping, but have the facilities available if required. Also for sale is a Lv105 luxman amp, and T102 reciever.

post-26284-13819329630028_thumb.jpg

I found this on another fourm.  There are a few for sale in the 300 - 375 range.  

This is some information I located on the website (E&O E):
The Luxman LV-105u is a stereo integrated amplifier with 80 watts x 2, 0.25% THD (0.015% THD @ 1kHz), 0.03% IM Distortion. This integrated amplifier is unique in that it uses 1st stage input J-FETS, 2nd stage 6CG7A vacuum tubes and 3rd stage power MOSFETS in lieu of the typical all solid state circuit. There is a CD Straight switch which bypasses the input selectors, tape monitor, mode, tone controls, balance and signal processor switch to give the shortest direct path to the power amplifier. Since the amp uses vacuum tubes, a pre-heat mode may be switched on to retain quiescent operating conditions for the tubes, power output stages and other circuitry when the power switch is turned off. This eliminates turn on delay but does generate considerable heat (nice in the winter but a bummer during the summer).
Inputs include phono (selectable for moving magnet or moving coil cartridges), CD, external tuner, AV-1, AV-2, tape 1 and tape 2. AV-1 has audio and video outputs as well as inputs (AV-2 has audio and video inputs only). AV-2 can be switched to use the rear inputs or convenient front inputs (L, R, V). Both tape 1 and 2 have inputs and outputs. A signal processor switch directs the signals to an external equalizer or other signal processor if you feel so inclined. The front panel includes a headphone jack which is live at all times. Speaker switches located above the headphone jack control two sets of speaker connections on the rear panel. The speaker connections are well constructed binding posts with banana plug adapters. There are 3 switched and 3 unswitched AC outlet on the rear. The rear phono connections include a separate ground connection. There is also a video monitor output to feed your TV.

This is an excellent stereo amp. The dynamic range is noteworthy, noise is non-existent (96 dB S/N for all but phono, 90 dB for MM phono and 70 dB for MC phono). Frequency response is -3 dB 3.5 Hz to 300 kHz for audio, -1 dB 10 Hz to 6 MHz for video, and +-0.3 dB RIAA 20 Hz to 20 kHz for phono. The tone controls are +-5 dB at 100 Hz and 10 kHz. The sound has the warmth often lacking in solid state equipment thanks to the highly linear voltage swing of the vacuum tubes. Demanding music transients are no problem for the Luxman. Each channel has a 16,400 microF filter capacitor.

The glow of the vacuum tubes behind a transparent section in the front of the amplifier makes this a conversation piece.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just seen this advertising tonight (April 4th, 2007). I was wondering if the Luxman LV-105 and T-102 were sold.

If not, what would be the price for each item?

If you could reply as soon as you can, I have another offer on standby for an LV-105.

Thanks,

Luc