Question for RSW 12 owners

jbsl

About 3 years ago I bought a new RSW 12 and when I powered it on or off the sub would fire off a very soft thump. I called the dealer and was told it was normal. The sub worked great so I forgot about it.

Well I just sold the sub and the new owner asked about the power on/off thump sound and now I wonder if all RSW 12s does this and hopefully the dealer did not lie to me.

So anyone who owns a RSW 12 does yours have the soft thump when powering on and off.

Thanks!

I just noticed in your profile we have the same Sony 34 tv. Love mine but my best friend had to go and buy a Sony 60 inch that looked incredible with HD.

So now I have to keep telling myself pay the bill, pay the bills!

Did not want to sell the sub but only used it once or twice a month so now it's gone.

It's a great tv but wish I had waited a couple years for the improved LCDs!! Back when I bought the Sony, its picture was way better than the bigger LCDs. Not the case anymore. For what I spent on it, I could have bought a sweet 50" LCD AND a nicer DVD player. Not to mention that the Sony weighs about 250 lbs!!

I have a 26" Sharp Aqious hanging on my kitchen wall on an omnimount. Beautiful picture! I love the cable card too. No box needed for HD.

Alright I finally had the time to play with the RSW-12 and my RF 83's for that matter.
Nice sub took everything I threw at it, and some.
I ran it with my SW 15 and I can say it keept up. There is only one problem with it, .... it is not a rsw 15 :[, a little more power would have been nice.
I guess I know what is the next sub I'm getting
I' ll keep the SW 15 in the system for those crazy days when I feel like poping the windows out of the frames for everything else the RSW 12 will do just fine, it does complement the RF 83's very nicely.
I did enjoy watching those woofers move in and out, even on the RF 83's weeeeeee.................. Going to need a earing check after this.
Overall I'm very pleased with it, thanks James

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I finally had the time to play with the RSW-12 and my RF 83's for that matter.
Nice sub took everything I threw at it, and some.
I ran it with my SW 15 and I can say it keept up. There is only one problem with it, .... it is not a rsw 15 :[, a little more power would have been nice.
I guess I know what is the next sub I'm getting
I' ll keep the SW 15 in the system for those crazy days when I feel like poping the windows out of the frames for everything else the RSW 12 will do just fine, it does complement the RF 83's very nicely.
I did enjoy watching those woofers move in and out, even on the RF 83's weeeeeee.................. Going to need a earing check after this.
Overall I'm very pleased with it, thanks James

I have a similar setup with the rf-83 and rsw12 and I can say the rsw12 can keep up well with the rf83, though more power is appreciated