Have to replace RF25 with smaller

chris98007

Hey guys.

I have 2 RF25s as my l/r and RC35 as my center. Then i have RS25s as my surrounds. I did have a 57 inch rptv that i just sold. Now i am going to get either a plasma or lcd 50 inch tv. The problem is that my RF25's are a bit big now that the tv will be hung on the wall. The tv will be hung in a corner. I am trying to find something i could mount on the wall left and right.

Something that is not going to sound funny next to everything else i have. The center will be on a shelf situated in the corner under the set. Any advice??

Thanks

I'd try like hell to keep your floorstanders, even to the point of upsetting the wife and rearranging the room, but if there's just no way, the matching bookshelf speakers according to the RC-35 page are either RB-35 or RB-75. Since they aren't made any longer, you'll have to start watching craigslist, audiogon, here on the forum, and ebay for a pair.

I don't know about whether it would be a mistake, but keep in mind, I have an itty bitty 25" CRT SD TV, my mains are Chorus II, and surrounds are Quartets, so I'm not into the whole "blend into the decor" thing. I personally would like having those monoliths on each side, but that's me, and my wife just shakes her head when I start pulling the Choruses out further from the wall.

I take it you're not much into the 2ch music only thing? Or are you moving the -25s to another room? If you are looking to keep the speakers as unobtrusive as possible while keeping the quality sound you're accustomed to, I'd say sell off what you have, and go for something like one of the packages on this page: http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/flat-screen-solutions.aspx or just do the whole Cinema 10 system.

I don't know how well the RS-25s will match with RSX-25s. Hopefully one of the Klipsch people will chime in, or someone else that knows.

Chris,
Here you go...........

Synergy SLX 5.1 Home Theater System

Flat-panel TVs are hot. Everybody has one or wants one. Klipsch designed its Synergy Series SLX speakers to be affordable, high-end audio solutions to complement this popular consumer electronics trend. Pair these low-profile performers with a Synergy Series subwoofer and you'll generate enough power and bass extension to shake the foundation.

Features

SLX (5)

Sub-12 Subwoofer

(each sold separately)

post-4626-1381932972002_thumb.jpg