WTB: RF-3 or RF-35

banasikdrummer

I'm looking to find a pair of gently used RF-3s or RF-35s (if I'm lucky) that someone's willing to get rid of. I know the RF-3s are an older speaker, so I was hoping I'd be able to get some for $400 or less. I live around St. Louis and would be willing to drive a few hours in any direction for pick up. If anyone has any, please contact me.

I was in the Kansas City area this weekend at a dealer, and they had a pair of RP3 (built in sub) in the box. I am not sure what they wanted for them though. The dealer was Accent Sound 913-681-7884. They also had some older models as well- RF5, RB75, RS3, I think they even had the RF35. Not sure if they ship, but it would make a nice road trip if they don't.[;)]

My friend used to have RF-15s before he bought RF-7s, and he was extremely satisfied with both...and I loved his RF-15s, so I would assume the RF-3s and RF-35s would be better, since they've got dual eight inch drivers as opposed to five and a half inch (or whatever the RF-15s have). But I've spent quite a bit of time reading about all sorts of speakers in the reference series as well as synergy models and even KLFs. The reference speakers seem like they give the sound I want and are most accommodating for the space I've got.