Surround recommendation for KLF 30s

johnnymac

Hello All,

I just joined this forum tonight. Should of long ago. It's time for me to do something with my home theater.

Receiver HK AVR630, fronts KLF 30's, center a KLF C7 hopefully.

I have been using a pair of Forte lls as surrounds, but have moved to another system.

I was thinking of going with a pair of KSP-S6 , but not having much luck finding a pair.

So...I am looking for suggestions for surrounds made in the last couple of years that would sound the best?

I am located in NH.

Very small room, 10' x 13', just 5.1 movies, no music.

I am thinking RS-35s. Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

How big is your living room?

I use to have KLF 20s and the C7 with SB 3s as rears that worked good for me but my living room is small.

I now have 3 La Scalas up front but still have the SB 3s as rears that still work pretty good, not perfect but for my needs it works.

I have a pair fo the 30s for my L and R, and after searching, and finding the C7, but not having the money, or having it, and not finding it, I finally think I've got one I'm picking up this weekend...but I'd really like to match the 3 way of the klf30s for my center. I'm getting a pair of KLF20s and a C7 this weekend....I think I'm going to make a KLF20 a center, make the c7 one of my surrounds, and trade the other KLF20 for a c7 for the other. You can use the KSP-s6 for surrounds, but if you want direct radiating speakers, there isn't really a solution for the KLF30s(aside from using KLF 20s or 30s)

I know a person using the SB3s for surrounds...I don't know how close those would be(I know they aren't perfect.)

I have some ?s about the klf20 conversion, I'm going to start another thread on that, you may want to watch it and see what people are thinking is the best way to handle our situations.