building media room and need input.

InVeNtOr

i have some posts about the bonus room being built and how and where to place my ht stuff. i someone else's ht room and it would look like mine if i didn't build a wall. the total room size is 15' (L)x25' (w) and what i was thinking is building a wall to make a dedicated th room 15'x13'.

what i am thinking now is leave the wall out (use omini mounts to mount the surrounds on the celling) and keep the room open. the question is would the th room be better fully inclosed (like i orginally was going to do) or keep it open?

what do you guys think?

go big!

One advantage is the sound from the fronts will be clearer not bouncing back at you from the rears... It is a very cool effect to do this, I highly suggest it too. Especially if your going to have 2 smaller rooms.. The wow factor will be better if you have a party, and everyone can still see everything, too.

In this case... bigger is better..

the other part of the room was going to have a desk and computer. i am not planning on going all out and put in an air hockey table or pool table. the space will basically be a mini office. part of the reason i am conserding a wall is because the entire room is open to the house. there is no door to the stairs or anything, so if i play a movie downstairs will be able to clearly hear it.

i would almost make the room bigger but it wouldn't work out because of the shapes. right now it would be 15x13. i would have to make it 15x17 (don't want a square room) but if i do it that way the angles of the walls won't be the same. one wall have a 3' slope and the other 2 have 1'11" slope. the room will look all weird. i wish i could have the room built, and if i didn't like they would change it...like when the wife tells you to put the sofa on one wall then has you put it on the opposite wall....lol