rears, matching veneer

masterxela

I am looking for surrounds and rear surrounds (7.1) to use with my rf-7's and future rc-7, and was wondering if there are any small speakers (surround or bookshelf) that came in the same beautiful cherry finish. The rb-5 II looked promising, but the rear port seems like a bad idea, some day I might want them against a wall. I'm not looking for the rf-15 type kind of cherry. Any ideas?

I'm seriously considering it because of the cost of the other options. I thought about using rc-7 rears, but those are the same $$ per pair as rf-7's. Rb-75's look to be close as well. I can't believe how much those bookshelf's go for. Does anyone know if the rb-81 cherry would match a rf-7? Thanks

Catharsis, you seem to already have the system I intend to acquire when I have money.. So, have you ever wished you had the rs-7's?

Enough smart people on here with the money to have 75's instead of the rs's don't, and I wonder why. The only reason I can see having the rs's is if you had a HUGE seating area. My thoughts...

If you can pull it off, I would go with the RF-7's. You are right, the RC-7's are not much of a savings and the RB-75's are just plain nonexistent almost anywhere right now. If you can give them some room and you dont mind the real estate, the RF-7's would be the best match in my opinion.....

Actually, to be honest, my system started out with the RB-75's as my mains, RC-7 as center. I bid on a set of RB-75's on ebay because I did not think $620.00 would win (then it did...much to my surprise). Upgraditis and a good deal recently made me get the RF-7's to put as my mains. All in all, I had no idea my system would end up the way it is now (my REAL start was with an RC-25 hooked up to Yamaha HTIB speakers....two years later I have a system even better than I could have dreamed).

To answer though, even if I did have a choice, I probably still would have stuck with the RB-75's because I think they will maintain their value better and as Arky mentioned, they are better for whatever multichannel audio tunes you might be encountered with. I also move around quite a bit while I listen to music, thus I like the option of 6 channel stereo. Another reason I did not opt for the RS is because speaker stands are more appealing to me than having the speakers in the wall in an old brownstone, and the RS-7 would never get 2 feet over my head like the RB-75's do on stands.

I'm seriously considering it because of the cost of the other options. I thought about using rc-7 rears, but those are the same $$ per pair as rf-7's. Rb-75's look to be close as well. I can't believe how much those bookshelf's go for. Does anyone know if the rb-81 cherry would match a rf-7? Thanks

Why not look for a pair of RF-5. I kept mine...used as surround....after I got the RF-7. Good looking match...and great for sound matching.