Placement of surrounds with cathedral ceiling

Goon

I'm thinking of buying a pair of RS-3IIs for surrounds to use with my Epic CF-3 fronts and KLF-C7 center channel (on the way from uBid). I've been told those speakers will work well with my fronts and center, but I'm not sure if they will work well with my room.

Does anyone have any experience placing surrounds in a room with a cathedral ceiling?

Without getting into the details of the room, I can tell you the only place I have to mount surrounds is about 4 to 5 feet above the listener.

Is there some kind of wall mount that would allow me to angle the RS-3s tword the listening area so the sound from them is not lost over the listeners head? I could build some kind of mount if one doesn't exist, but is that even a good idea? Are the RS-3s designed to be mounted flush against a wall? Would angling them diminish performance?

Also, is it better to mount them directly left and right of the listener, or slightly behind?

Sorry about the volume of questions, but I'm not sure how to proceed with finishing my HT setup until I get some advice on what to do about surrounds.

Thanks again.

If all you can do is mount them 4 to 5 feet above the listener then you'll just have to work with that. You definitely want to angle them down towards the listening area. As for mounting on the side or slightly behind, that's really a personal preference. Experiment with placement and agle before you do anything permanent. There's just no magic solution.