Help!!!. Are the CDT-3650 speakers good for rear surround as well as front speakers?

gbogom

Taking into consideration that I already have the pre wired installation in-ceiling and my budget (<$1000) for a 5.1 system. I would like to know if I can use the CDT-3650-C for the rear surround as well as front speakers. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For the moment I am thinking on using the receiver Yamaha HTR-5540, sub YST-SW005 and central speaker from my old home theater system.

I will appreciate any input and advice. I will use the 5.1 mostly for movies

Thanks in advance

Those are some our most popular in-ceiling speakers. They would be great for rear/side surround but I do not recommend ceiling speakers for the front wall. You should have directional sound coming from near the screen- NOT above you. If you need in-wall speakers there is a matching R3650W that you could use LCR.

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your response. I did not mean front wall, I mean on the front but on the ceiling. I already have 5 holes on the ceiling, 2 on the rear and 3 on the front. I wanted to know if the same model CDT-3650 can be use for this or I need to put other speakers on the ceiling/front? I want to have all the speakers on the ceiling.

Other question I have is how important is the distance between the rear/front speakers on the ceiling to the center speaker. Is it better when the speakers are close? Now my room is 220 " L X 151 " W X 107" H

Thanks,

German

Hi Michael,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you very much for your response. I did not mean front wall, I mean on the front but on the ceiling. I already have 5 holes on the ceiling, 2 on the rear and 3 on the front. I wanted to know if the same model CDT-3650 can be use for this or I need to put other speakers on the ceiling/front? I want to have all the speakers on the ceiling.

Other question I have is how important is the distance between the rear/front speakers on the ceiling to the center speaker. Is it better when the speakers are close? Now my room is 220 " L X 151 " W X 107" H

Thanks,

German

gbogom, what Michael is saying is that in-ceiling speakers are never recommended for front speakers. Like he said, You should have directional sound coming from near the screen, not above you. In-wall speakers would be the best way to go.