Online Room Layout Designer

JDB_Rocks

Having trouble figuring out where to put that new big screen TV and get that all important WAF?!? 
Just got the new HT seating and aren't sure where best to put it & then where to put the mains
and surrounds for that optimal HT experience ... then check out the link below. Odd shaped room?
No prob, just put the walls/windows/doorways/closets where they should be. Place your furniture
& accessories where they go. Don't like that layout? Well don't bust yer @$$ moving big heavy
furniture all day ... just drag 'n drop to rearrange your layout. This is a really cool & time saving
program I found yesterday while (unsuccessfully) trying to use AutoCAD to layout my living room
so I could get some placement options for my soon-to-be new sub.
Hope it helps you guys as much as it did for me!

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/category.jsp?categoryid=/templatedata/bhg/category/data/arrangearoomtest.xml

peace, mitch

Wow, what a handy program! I just spent the last hour or so dashing back and forth between the living room and the computer den with tape measure and notepad and printed out my listening room layout. It's got every detail, including bookcases, main and surround speakers, in the size of your choosing. The speakers are rectangular, but the corner fireplace could serve as an approximation of a Klipschorn in size and rough shape, if not in exact style.

However, while it's easy to make up a colour diagram of your room, right down to cushions, and print it out, I had a problem saving it. It says it saves it to my hard drive, but it's a .mht file, something I've never heard of. Right now, the Arrange-a-Room window is open in mid-save and it's jammed up. Anyone have any tips? I'd rather not shut it down and lose my hour's work.

Well, it's not jammed now, but it still won't print. Anyway, here's what I was able to do with Arrange-a-Room, scanned from the print I was able to make before the program stopped co-operating. The diagram shows 2 Scalas, with the Paradigm sub beside the left one, the 4 surround speakers at the back of the room, and I even threw a couple of cushions on the sofa and chair.

The speakers have gray fronts to show which way they're pointing, no choice in the style, just in the size. The room is actually 18' x 19', but I thought I'd show how it opens up toward the dining room, because it's all part of the acoustic space.

Sure beats scribbling on a napkin to explain a speaker layout.

post-23736-13819330316014_thumb.jpg

I just went ahead & registered for a free acct .... no big gig .... said NO to the *special*

subscription offer and the e-mail crap. I think it might save it to their site linked to ur acct.

Not sure 'cuz it never asked me where to save it locally. Sorry I can't help ya more on this.