RF-82 matched with an AVR 340

jaydaniels

This is my first time posting on this forum but there is some great information on here. I am just about ready to purchase some new speakers and am looking seriously at the RF-82. I will be using them mainly for playing music. Does anyone have experince matching these with a harman kardon reciever, the AVR 340 in particular. I am concerned that these speakers might be a bit much for this amp in which case I may be wasting my money and would be better off going with the RF-62's. Any info would be appreciated. I was also looking at the F-3's. Thanks

First of all welcome to the forum to both of you 

This forum is all about newbs but you got to give it time, sometimes answers will come quick sometimes they won't, either way they will come.
To answer your question, I don't think you will have any problems driving the RF 82's with your harman, that is if you can keep it working.
I have a HK 645 driving my RF 83 and it does just fine, power wise. The sound is clear and crisp which Ithought was a good match for my speakers.

I think we newbies are somewhat alone around here.

I hear ya. It's a shame that Jay didn't get a single reply. Perhaps if he included in the subject line "Meagain", or "Dean's at it again....", or "Coulter just scored his 18th pair of LSIs", there would be eight pages of responses already. This place is akin to an AOL chat room. Oh wait, I am probably showing how out of touch I am....insert...uh....MySpace....?

Rick

One more thing you might want to start the thread in a better section such as the general section.

The 2 channel audio section might not be the best place for this thread since most people in here are using tube amps

So you must be newb also, else you would know that you can post any topic you please in any Forum. Like this one, posted in the 2-Channel Audio section....http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/797352.aspx

Oh wait, maybe that applies only to Senior members....maybe you are correct....newbees, tread lightly!

Huh?

Tube did you wake up on the wrong side of the rock today?
I do know you can post what you want wherever you want, I was mearly making a suggestion, no need to get aggressive there. 
If you are that  P.O at live why don't you go outside get a breath of fresh air ? Might just help and if you still got nothing  intelligent to say, do us a favor just stay outside.

No hard feelings about not getting a quick response. I just thought I might find someone that acutally has tried the RF-82's with a H/K and wanted their opinion. Looking back it may have been better suited to post in the general section since I am talking about a 7.1 receiver. Anyhow, thanks for the feedback. Oh, and I ended up going with the F-3's vs. the RF82's.