Which sides and rears to get?

farlz

I will be purchasing a RC-52 center and RB-51's for fronts (for a 7.1 setup) due to size constraints. What would you recommend for the sides and backs? I was thinking RS-42's for the sides, and was wondering if I could get away with RS-10's for the rears for aesthetic reasons. Is it better to use surrounds or bookshelves for the sides / rears? For the sub I was thinking either the RW-10d or RW-12d. Thanks in advance.

I will be purchasing a RC-52 center and RB-51's for fronts (for a 7.1 setup) due to size constraints. What would you recommend for the sides and backs? I was thinking RS-42's for the sides, and was wondering if I could get away with RS-10's for the rears for aesthetic reasons. Is it better to use surrounds or bookshelves for the sides / rears? For the sub I was thinking either the RW-10d or RW-12d. Thanks in advance.

IMO..room layout and space restrictions have a lot to do with the decision. Why not matching RB-51's for surrounds? As for backs?....I'm sure the RS-10s would be fine. You can easily mount RS-10's right on the wall. As for a sub... I'd lean towards SVS.

my 2 cents......

PS... Keep in mind that a pair of RB51's plus stands will cost as much or more than RF-52 towers. (and the footprint will be the same) You might consider towers because they wont take any more floorspace & they'll be full-range speakers for equal or less $$$$$.