tubes and seasoned age

DrWho

Be careful Mike, as the process of matching the complex source impedance over its entire response and the complex total load impedance over its entire response is exactly what Heyser was looking at. And hence the interest by many in what is called the Heyser spirals in both the frequency and time domains. And in doing so, he simply expanded the frame of reference about which we normally limit our focus, allowing for a much more complex and inclusive interfacing.

I have no doubt that examining these complex relationships can yield a much greater understanding, although I will admit to not knowing just what the exact relationships and the qualitative descriptive relationships might be. This is a primary focus of current speculation by many that will be a source of exploration. And I must admit to being fascinated by the potential of exactly such an examination!

This is exactly what my avatar illustrates as an example - the complex impedance displayed as a 3space rotating phasor varying with respect to both time and frequency and accounting for both the kinetic and potential energy in the system! And from that we get all of our more recognizable 'domains' depending upon which plane we project the response, ranging from the impulse response to an accounting of potential and kinetic energy in the system at any point with regards to time and/or frequency.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Doc Who. Just my 2 cents worth of nothing again.

Yea, you have a tendency to rub my deaf old ears the wrong way from time to time and I even cuss you in low tones in front of the screen. OTH, I admire your commitment for education, asking questions, and your motivation to succeed. I'm even envious you have this opportunity to better your mind through continued education and practical experience.

Don't let them get to you. You're all right in my book. You'll just be better when you wear long pants and let some experience bust the youthful exhuberance.

JMHO if H can ever apply.

HarryO