"movie star" klipsch la scalas goes for $2627 on ebay!

jdm56

Yes, it was me that won the La Scalas in question.

I'm very excited because I knew I would someday have Heritage, but not this soon.

Having been a Reference guy up til now, I'm looking forward to the sound !

What is the movie star story behind these? I only know what was on the item description.

• Moderators

Hooray, it is a forum member! [<:o)]

Not too much more to the movie-story.... The speakers were sent to the set of Kids in America (2008). On the few occasions we have done this, we haven't known whether or not our products will make an appearance in the final version of the movie until we see it. Hopefully, yours won't be on the cutting room floor...and hopefully, the movie will be an instant classic! [;)].

So, congrats to the lucky(?) winner.

Thanks.........Bidder 7(?)

I think there were at least three bidders towards the end, maybe more. I really thought I could get'em for a little over 2k and did not intend to bid beyond $2100, but I got ebay fever at the end and bid up to $2506. That's where I started to lose my nerve. So, congrats again. I'm sure you will enjoy them immensely! I hope they are featured prominently in the movie (providing it's decent[A]). That aspect alone will always make them special.

hmmm...

I wonder if these la scalas sold for more through ebay than klipsch would have originally got for them from a dealer? If so, perhaps klipsch might be tempted to consider internet, "factory direct" sales of heritage product. I mean, considering how hard it is to find a dealer willing to stock them anyway.

just a thought