Looking for a pair of Heresy - may trade my center channel Cornwall-II

stimpy451

I just scored a tasty Director's position at a museum, and my new office is HUGE. 23x30' huge. I've normally kept my music listening as a home activity with the Khorns and Dynaco ST-70 but I think I need some tube warmth at work as well.

I've got a second ST-70 and turntable, but need a decent pair of Heresys for a decent price. I don't care much about finish - looking in the $200 range if at all possible. There are always some on E-bay but some of those a$$hats seem to think that driving up the shipping cost is an acceptable business practice....

PMH

I've got a pair of oiled oak Heresey II. They are about 7/10 now, 8/10 with a good BLO application. I'd consider trading them for your Cornwall. What's the finish on the Cornwall? If it's walnut, we probably have got a deal here despite all the shipping b*ll***t. I'm in CT.

200 bucks on ebay is a pretty good ebay price....its almost half price......the parts alone usally sell for 350 without the cabs.....so if the shipping looks high the unusally low price should wash it out.  Keep in mind that packing these for shipping should be double boxed with foam sheets....this will add to the shipping costs  Used boxes won't get an insurance payout if there is damage by the carrier....so new packing materials are warranted.

You could also check thrift shops....goodwill...salvation army....etc...they sometimes show up there.....as well as yard sales.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I let the ball drop here - I started my new job and it's been a real whirlwind. The previous director was relieved of duty so there were tons of fires to put out. I can't even remember what the finish is on the Cornwall II - I'll go home tonight and get the specs and take pictures. It's been sitting alone in the den with a Soundcraftsmen EQ on it for like a year, so I guess it's time to unload some used gear.

If I can't score a couple of battered or mismatched Heresy...what is good recommendation in a newer Klipsch set, like the KG-2, etc.? Those seem to be in abundance, but I have a feeling that there's probably a good reason for that.

I'm in Michigan.

PMH