Tractrix Question: Roy are there?

After doing some listening to Khorns with tractrix and tweeter on the vertical I find the sound more detailed, engaging and focused. Has Klipsch ever done these sorts of tests with Khorns? I understand that PWK left instructions to leave the Khorn generally intact but I really think without too much effort mods could be made to the Khorn that would make it untouchable in any price range.

Roy, you seem closer to things than most. What are your thoughts and stories?

Cheers

BLASPHEMY !!! May ten thousand fleas bite you.... If any thing is to be done to the present Khorn design it must be done quietly out of site with shades drawn. If the Klipsch police ever find out you can banned from this site.....You wouldnt see me ever doing anything like that...Heavens forbid.

you bet your sweet bippy! Plus all the pit stops along the way..love those pit stops!

The closest I have ever come was a couple of conversations with PWK late eighties early nineties and sharing a little correspondence. I would love to get there but unfortunately workload/demands are against me. One day!

mmm....I have seen it and it is very different...so will this eventually be a replacement?

I very much doubt anyone will consider it as a replacement. An improvement yes, but the Khorn will probably always be around (as it should be).

Maybe the next Pilgrimage should be held in Australia. I know I wouldn't mind the 6000 mile journey...[;)]

After doing some listening to Khorns with tractrix and tweeter on the vertical I find the sound more detailed, engaging and focused. Has Klipsch ever done these sorts of tests with Khorns? I understand that PWK left instructions to leave the Khorn generally intact but I really think without too much effort mods could be made to the Khorn that would make it untouchable in any price range.

Roy, you seem closer to things than most. What are your thoughts and stories?

Cheers

sorry for the delay in responding. paul essentially did not want to touch the khorn that much. that is why we went with tractrix on the jub. the right kind of tractrix horns with the right kind of directivity index can definitely open up and focus the sound stage.

john 17:9

roy