RS-35 angled-wall mounted with Omnimount 10.0 - will this work?

bommai

I have been using the RS-35 mounted flush against the wall up high behind me. I would like to put them to the side up high too, but would like to angle it down. Will this mount work. Is there a standard for the screw diameter? I did not see what the screw hole diameter is in the manual.

http://www.surroundsolutions.com/cgi-bin/surroundsolutions.cgi/0355.html#info_bar

Omnimount also has a 20.0 (20lb) model. Should I get that or should I get the 10lb one? The RS-35s weigh 9.5 lbs according to the manual.

These mounts are expensive!

I cannot more strongly disagree with using omnimounts!

I tried them with my RS-35s for the EXACT SAME PURPOSE!

First I got one that I think was the 20 pound or higher, but the screw was too big!

So I went down to the one that's rated weight was just above the weight of the RS-35, which I think is the 10s you were looking at. The screw fit.

Not only was it impossible to tighten and have stay, but once you tighten it, it will loosen and droop down. On the second speaker I had to over tighten it above where i wanted it so it could then droop to where I wanted it. I definately did not feel it was a good support bracket and work how I wanted it.

I ended up just putting a nice hexagonal shelf flush to the wall and putting the RS-35 on it. Gave up on angling. It's a rear surround ayway, I set it a few decibals higher and leave it alone.

I couldn't understand why these mounts had such outstanding reviews everywhere.

It should be fine with just the one rated for 10 lbs. I have the RS-62 and they are 28 lbs., I have them hanging on the wall with this model. http://www.mountsandmore.com/OmniMount-30.0-Series-OM0068.html Rated at 30 lbs. and I haven't had any problems with it.

I will try to find the place that I got mine from, as they were a lot cheaper then some places.

James

Looks like we have conflicting reviews right here in this thread. I cannot get this mount locally anywhere. So, if it does not work, I am out of luck. They are quite expensive too. $50 for a pair.

Yesterday, just for kicks, I bought a 1/4" diameter eye screw (a thread screw with a loop on one end) and screwed it into the threaded hole in the speaker. I also bought a hook screw that I could screw into the stud on a wall. I am wondering if I could screw the hook into the wall (this one is pretty heavy duty) and just hang the eye into the hook. Now, I need to see how the weight is going to impact the stress on the threaded hole and also how I could control the angle. The guy at home depot told me to build a frame that is angled and mount the frame on the wall and then mount the speaker flush against this frame. Sounds like too much work. Oh well, now I am stumped. I am actually moving my speakers from rear of the listening area to the sides. The sides are not too far from the listener but I am mounting it high so I need to angle it down!

I too had to order mine from on-line. I can't seam to find the place that I got mine from. I paid about $100 for the pair and they are great, I have pictures if you want. For the most part if you get them on-line you should be able to return them, most places have at least a 30 day return policy.

Good luck with the hunt.

James