FS: SOLD: 1984 Cornwalls, C-WL - South Florid***

Got several emails about shipping them. So for general FYI for anyone interested in shipping: It is expensive. I sent a pair of 87's to Arkansas, and the cost of boxes, tape, etc was $60; the 1" tuf-r insulating foam boards (requires 6 to do it right) was $60; and the shipping by ground was $340. Total was ~$460. Further out from South Florida costs more accordingly.

Unless someone just has no other choice, I would recommend Craig's listings, etc. Cornwalls can be found in relatively good condition for between $650-$850 as far as I can tell. Problem (same with Klipschorn's, LaScala's) is always going to be the shipping...

Have not heard back from anyone. Pictures sent to several folks [:(]

I have no room left in the house or workshop area for these and still have another pair of Klipschorn's that are coming inside after the veneer is finished. No rooms left. I guess unless I hear back or someone else on the forum wants them, then they are off to eBay tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks to all who looked at them. Again, I can deliver them within a 300 mile radius (Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, or as far as the Georgia border regions on I-75 and I-95, etc.).

arrrgggh- NOT shipping! [8o|] Make em come and get em! LOL

Well...speaking as a guy who got Cornwalls shipping to him (without incident I may add), don't assume that everyone has the freedom, ability, or, heck, even desire to pick up and drive across the country for a pair of speakers. Sure, I know that can be fun but, to be honest with you, I would MUCH rather hang out with my 2 year old daughter for a weekend than eat highway food and drive for hours on end.

arrrgggh- NOT shipping! [8o|] Make em come and get em! LOL

Picture this: Three 4' x 8' sheets of 1" Tuf-R-9 insulation board for each speaker; custom fabricated double thick boxes... That's how I shipped the first pair to the guy in Arkansas. They made it fine. Probably took a moving crew to get them off the truck.... But they were safe!!![H]