JL f113 & SVS PB-13 Ultr***

CAS

Comparable yet little in common.

Comparable in driver size,probably quality of the driver and cabinet....

The Fathom line is sealed the Ultra is ported. The SVS used BASH amp does not compare too well to the powerhouse you have in the JL. The BASH amp SVS uses is alot cheaper than the JL Audio amp/controller found in the Fathom.

I would bet the JL Audio drivers moves more air,being sealed still loses in SPL due to its sealed nature,the SVS is ported.

In any case a great sub for those looking for very high performance and not pay a fortune.

EAR, your comments make me happy. Thank God you have been consistent in your advice.

If SPL and bottom-feeder, slurping black-hole HT effects are all you care about, the SVS will probably outgun the JL.

But almost certainly the JL will have more finesse than the SVS.

I find the f-113s to be very musical and not just a special effects sub.

Of course I am very biased because I own two f-113s, so don't listen to me.

If SPL and bottom-feeder, slurping black-hole HT effects are all you care about, the SVS will probably outgun the JL.

But almost certainly the JL will have more finesse than the SVS.

That's a bit of a carried-over "what can we still say now to make ours look better" statement. Have you heard a TV-12 or brand new Ultra-13? JL by any means isn't the top of the line in SQ and SVS isn't the bottom. I know you're a "MUSIC" guy, but to bash like the above especially with the high-quality driver in question sounds like sour grapes [:(] Finesse? If sealed is your taste the Ultra-13 is designed for that, too with the included plugs. Slap the 7-year old W7 in a sealed box with pretty lights, mark up the price and call it finesse? If you want to I guess.

Sorry, I'm not trying to sell either one and I apologize for the slight bash, just a reaction; it just seems like whatever product SVS comes out with some people will always have negative things to say. It's the Pepsi/sub challenge; put them side by side with a blindfold on and I bet you a paycheck you'd have to eat your words. [:^)]

I would put it differently. "Side by Side" you probably wouldn't be able to distinguish which sub is which.

The f-113 has the advantage of small size. How large is the Ultra-13?

That's a bit of a carried-over "what can we still say now to make ours look better" statement

...........sounds like sour grapes

it just seems like whatever product SVS comes out with some people will always have negative things to say.

I don't have either brand, JL or SVS. I have an RSW15. So what could I possibly have "sour grapes" about? Maybe that I have neither. [:o]

If anything, you're the one who sounds a bit "sour" about all the attention the JL gets, and obviously biased toward the SVS product; any SVS product. [:P] You've not heard it yet, or read any reviews, yet you're certain it will best the JL.

I didn't consider that to be a bash of the SVS product. I simply think the JL will have more finesse than the SVS. Sometimes finesse isn't necessarily what you want. A defensive lineman and a wide receiver can both be stellar athletes, but they both serve a different purpose. (yes, I realize this is not the best analogy.)

We'll have to wait until the dust settles and see what the reviews say when the "13" becomes available.

You make perfectly good sense and in a very polite way.

That's a bit of a carried-over "what can we still say now to make ours look better" statement

it just seems like whatever product SVS comes out with some people will always have negative things to say.

I don't have either brand, JL or SVS. I have an RSW15. So what could I possibly have "sour grapes" about? Maybe that I have neither. [:o]

If anything, you're the one who sounds a bit "sour" about all the attention the JL gets, and obviously biased toward the SVS product; any SVS product. [:P] You've not heard it yet, or read any reviews, yet you're certain it will best the JL.

I didn't consider that to be a bash of the SVS product. I simply think the JL will have more finesse than the SVS. Sometimes finesse isn't necessarily what you want. A defensive lineman and a wide receiver can both be stellar athletes, but they both serve a different purpose. (yes, I realize this is not the best analogy.)

We'll have to wait until the dust settles and see what the reviews say when the "13" becomes available.

LOL

CAS is a bit partial to SVS... [;)] Me I could care less,I get what I want to to the job,and now building better subs than JL or SVS for massive output down deep. When you start using 15 and 18" ubber drivers you forget about less capable subs. [:D]

Not dual f113 are not capable...just as a few members here who own them and Roc... [:D] Can tell you they kick major woofer.

In other news...

... By the end of this year I will have ALL the TC Sounds dually subs...from TC-1000,2000,3000,5200 to the LMS-5400. TheEAR takes no prisoners. And I will also add another f112 and get dual f110's. HA POWAH all in a tiny...600cu ft by then room....the more I add the more it shrinks...

Nobody has the subsonic concentration I have and when I am done I will by far have the most subsonic capabvility on this planet...per cubic inch in a room!

Go baby, Go.!!!!

Don't stop.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

LOL

CAS is a bit partial to SVS... [;)] Me I could care less,I get what I want to to the job,and now building better subs than JL or SVS for massive output down deep. When you start using 15 and 18" ubber drivers you forget about less capable subs. [:D]

Not dual f113 are not capable...just as a few members here who own them and Roc... [:D] Can tell you they kick major woofer.

In other news...

... By the end of this year I will have ALL the TC Sounds dually subs...from TC-1000,2000,3000,5200 to the LMS-5400. TheEAR takes no prisoners. And I will also add another f112 and get dual f110's. HA POWAH all in a tiny...600cu ft by then room....the more I add the more it shrinks...

Nobody has the subsonic concentration I have and when I am done I will by far have the most subsonic capabvility on this planet...per cubic inch in a room!

Go baby, Go.!!!!

Don't stop.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Roc, you're the biggest Ear fan I've ever seen! Holy cow.

By the way, small size isn't an advantage...quite the opposite.