Snake Oil & The Point of Diminishing Returns!

"If we are considering $150 reasonable for an AC cable, we are still in the land of "outrageous cable tweak pricing"." I know for a fact I would not pay more than $150.00 for an AC coupler Mas and I did not pay over a $100.00 for any that I have[;)]

I have heard all the logic theories like up to 10% of the system cost could be spent on cabling but that may still be high. I do know I have a power amp that retails for $3500.00 so in the 10% catagory that would be a $350.00 AC coupler once again way over priced as far as I'm concerned but $150.00 would seem like a real bargain on this logic no?

Like I said in my initial post it's just wire, no moving parts or electronics. I just like to see others ideas of what's considered reasonable[:o]

These days about all I can afford are cheap tweaks! Of course I think if I had the money I still would not buy a pair of 2 grand ic's regardless! We all have our little tweaks like I have a solid rack yet I have individual seperates sitting on little toes or pods[:$] May not be doing a thing other than easing my mind[:|] LOL

Power cords are a fraud that with common sense can see through. Just think about it the AC current comes into the house over miles and miles of cable goes through huge lengths of BX wire to your wall outlet....Enters your amp. IT again goes through a maze of wire activating your speakers. How does the the electricity know where the none discript lo-fi wireing and superduper wire-just six feet of it-starts to leave off...."Hey I,m The crucial Wire"coming out of the wall,,,, Power cords are but a tiny part of the total AC wire .Just make sure its rated for AC voltages in your system,,,Just remember in your regulated power supply all changes to DC. If you pay more than ten bucks you,v been had. Your audio circuits dont know & dont care whats on the other side of the power transformer.. If your amp has a good power supply it will filter alout of crap & noise,, Hey take a look at the size of your fuze. ......But thats good engineering science. I will debunk more pseudo science crap from time to time...To day I,m carrying a big bass ball bat with a big spike sticking out of it.....Who,s next?

OK, I know this company makes a fine product but I still have a hard time believing the Anaconda Helix is $1901.00 better than a Venom[:|] How exactly does one put that in perspective say to the sound difference in one another? I mean after all we are talking conductive wire here, no moving parts or electronics for that matter[*-)]

shunyata anaconda helix

shunyata python helix

shunyata taipan helix

shunyata copperhead

shunyata copperhead

shunyata venom

Starting at $2000

Shunyata
Venom
$99

I would never buy a cable that was named after a snake.!!!!

Power cords are a fraud that with common sense can see through. Just think about it the AC current comes into the house over miles and miles of cable goes through huge lengths of BX wire to your wall outlet....Enters your amp. IT again goes through a maze of wire activating your speakers. How does the the electricity know where the none discript lo-fi wireing and superduper wire-just six feet of it-starts to leave off...."Hey I,m The crucial Wire"coming out of the wall,,,, Power cords are but a tiny part of the total AC wire .Just make sure its rated for AC voltages in your system,,,Just remember in your regulated power supply all changes to DC. If you pay more than ten bucks you,v been had. Your audio circuits dont know & dont care whats on the other side of the power transformer.. If your amp has a good power supply it will filter alout of crap & noise,, Hey take a look at the size of your fuze. ......But thats good engineering science. I will debunk more pseudo science crap from time to time...To day I,m carrying a big bass ball bat with a big spike sticking out of it.....Who,s next?

I applaud your efforts.

But just remember, all of that power tends to flow downhill which provides additional momentum to the little electrons (after all, why do you think the transmission lines are higher than the house service entrance) and why the drop runs downhill from the line transformer to your house.

But if you have your amplifier higher than your wall outlet, the little electrons are going to need a boost. Sort of like giving them a phone book to sit on in the chair in order to reach the table. So maybe a fancy cable with pretty insulation can't hurt if they can give the little buggers a boost?

You can't overlook the little things! **

(**Like logic!)

"and I did not pay over a $100.00 for any that I have"...Anything over about $20 including connector for an AC interconnect is suspect.

you gotta be kidding - this isn't even snake oil for interconnects - it's a power cord?

I can't see how it moves electrons any more better. besides, what kind of wire is the electricity flowing in before it gets to the wall outlet? before it gets to your circuit breaker panel? upgrading the last 3 feet of conductor is a joke.

You're right.!!

The answer is obvious. Clearly, without question there's $1,901 more parts in the higher priced power cord. No doubt it weighs 1,900% more than that cheap arse cord. So cough up the money or your system will suffer from a dramatically serious loss of range, focus, detail, depth, clarity and downright purdiness. Hah!

Yea. And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the Summertime.

Oh I know David, I think we agree on outrageous cable tweak pricing and I just was saying good stuff can be found at reasonable prices you just have to shop around a little. [:D]

"...you can get a great cable that covers all the basic electrical anomalies at or under $150.00"

If we are considering $150 reasonable for an AC cable, we are still in the land of "outrageous cable tweak pricing".

May I suggest you "shop around a little" bit more.

[;)]

You tell 'em Mark. There are many better items to waste money on than cables.

Come on guys! [:|] You can do all of this but you know there something you forgot? (Have you seen the wire that runs from your breaker box to the wall out let) [*-)] You got to be kidding if you use anything other then what came with your gear.[H] Unless you have money to burn.[*]

Yup, Yup, Yup.

I applaud your efforts.

But just remember, all of that power tends to flow downhill which provides additional momentum to the little electrons (after all, why do you think the transmission lines are higher than the house service entrance) and why the drop runs downhill from the line transformer to your house.

But if you have your amplifier higher than your wall outlet, the little electrons are going to need a boost. Sort of like giving them a phone book to sit on in the chair in order to reach the table. So maybe a fancy cable with pretty insulation can't hurt if they can give the little buggers a boost?

(**Like logic!)

"and I did not pay over a $100.00 for any that I have"...Anything over about $20 including connector for an AC interconnect is suspect.

Mark, does this mean that I must place my amp. on the floor?

Please advise because my TV is also higher than my electric outlets.

I applaud your efforts.

(**Like logic!)

Mark, does this mean that I must place my amp. on the floor?

Please advise because my TV is also higher than my electric outlets.

At a bare minimum!

Placing the amp and the TV in the basement is even better, with the power run from an upstairs outlet! With the speakers slightly below them. And make sure to keep your CD/DVD and other source material slightly above the preamp as well (but still below the AC source level)!

Remember, electrons don't like hills! Just think of their trauma at escaping from their little box! (Sorry, couldn't resist a little physics humor there. Search on "particle in a box". ...and "little", get it? electrons, little... hehehe - OK, so my lithium has worn off...)

ALL of the acoustical engineering books say so!

Logic my man, logic!

Thats why the Space Station shut down...the electrons did,nt know witch way was up or down.....Did you see the size of those NASA jumper cords? I wonder what they charged the tax payer for those.