Need some help dialing in my HT....

darylomer12

Hello everyone. I just recieved my new RF-7's and all I can say is WOW!! These are huge. They were shipped on a pallet and arrived to my house without a scratch on them. Anyway, I am trying to calibrate all of my speakers with an SPL meter. I have the Avia dvd, but would I be better off using my recievers test tones or should I use Avia? Does it even matter? I already know that when using the meter, set it to C and slow. Set the dial to 80. But what I am not sure of is when setting the center channel volume to "0", where do I find this on my reciever? EQ settings? Also, when playing a test tone, do I want the reciever volume at 0 also, which is reference right? I am confused as to where on the setup menu on my reciever I should be when doing this. I have read the manual and now am even more confused. Does anyone out there with a Denon 3805 fell like walking me through this step by step? Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to this. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help[:D]

• Moderators

I'm debating between the RF-82's and the RF-7's. Where did you get yours from? I demo'd a pair last week and they totally rocked!

I do not have experience with Denon, only Onkyo. On my receiver, I would go into the surround settings and there is a volume level for each speaker that I can adjust from -12 to +12. Someone in the forum will be able to steer you in the right direction.

Daryl,

You can do it one of two ways; from the remote or from the main unit. Press the SYS SETUP on the remote. Select SPEAKER SETUP. Select CHANNEL LEVEL. Right arrow to select MANUAL . This should get you started or in the right menu. Good luck

I think you should be able to adjust the trims by pressing the enter button on the remote as well (while not in another menu). At least you can on my 2805.