subs

srphelps

• 2 weeks later...

I started with a down firing sub. Didn't feel it projected very much bass. Didn't like it. I have a carpeted concrete floor. This might be a factor in my experience.

Now have two front firing subs and I like them a lot. Won't consider down firing again. Others and other applications might be OK with it.

Just my opinion.

I started with a down firing sub. Didn't feel it projected very much bass. Didn't like it. I have a carpeted concrete floor. This might be a factor in my experience.

Now have two front firing subs and I like them a lot. Won't consider down firing again. Others and other applications might be OK with it.

Just my opinion.

Down firing ,side firing...top firing...sub bass "projection" or what you hear is very similar. carpets even thick ones have little effect on subsonics,they will however have a major impact on the upper on the upper registers(absorbant).

Low freq. waves are very long,high freq waves...short.

JL could design a down firing f113 and it would perform about the same,factoring sag and taking care of it with apropriate suspension.