Klipsch Q.C.

e34rob

What would you do.....

While taking apart my KV-2( it started making a metal on metal noise whenever it played bass freqencies) it turns out there was a 1/2 of a screw hitting the metal magnet sheild. Upon further investigation (more dismantling), it turns out it must have broken off when the terminal cup was originally installed. The assembler then apparently put in another screw at an angle. This screw does not make contact with the cabinet except where it rubs against the cut-out. After a more detailed look, it also appears the the woofers were tightened down way too much(they are bowed visibly).

The dilemma is this: these are approximately 7 year old speakers. Do I have any recourse? Do I ignore these Q.C. issues? or, just move on and continue to enjoy them?

All my other KLIPSCH speakers have been flawless. I have owned KLIPSCH for the last 15 years and I love them, and I still believe they are some of the best products available.

Rob

I think you should talk to the factory. The folks there do not want an unhappy customer.

However. Think about what you want as a remedy and what they can reasonably provide to make you happy.

It is unlikely that they can provide a new speaker system overall if it is seven years old. On the other hand, it may be that you don't want a new unit.

If the driver is warped, you need a replacement, and you can install it yourself, maybe that is a reasonable request. Not that I speak for them.

It is disappointing to find that there was a screw up (ahem) seven years ago on the assembly line; leading to consternation today. But present staff can't do much other than cringe. I'm sure they appreciate your loyalty.

Gil

This message has been edited by William F. Gil McDermott on 12-23-2001 at 02:25 AM