Stands for RS-42 speakers?

jaymzh

I'm looking for stands for my rear speakers. I purchased a pair of Vantage Point Universal 10lbs stands, but they didn't work. For starters, the screw meant for key-hole style speakers (which my RS-42s are), wasn't long enough to get their the piece of plastic on the stand, much less the key-hole-hander bit on the end. Upon purchasing a slightly longer screw, the stands fall over as soon as I put the RS-42s on them.

Does anyone have recommendations for stands for these speakers?

Thanks!

- Phil

Indeed, one of them is on a wall, but I don't *have* a wall on the other side of my couch. So I need a stand.

I'm assuming you mean woodtechonline.com - woodtech.com is for sale. :) I'll check both of those, thanks!

- Phil

Hmm. Do you have any suggestions on specific Sanus stands? The EFSAT-Euro is the only one that seems to have an adjustable height and it also claims to hold 10lbs (which is what the RS-42s weight, but also what the Vantage's claimed to be able to hold). Additionally, looking at the installation documentation, (http://www.sanus.com/pdf/manualEN/6901-100012.pdf) their "Klipsch RS mount" bracket is... not for any Klipsch RS speaker I've ever seen. It's looking for a cut rear-bottom angel with screw holes. My 42s don't have that. Their L-bracket will ... probably work. I'd rather like to avoid having to send yet another standset back.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
- Phil

• 5 months later...

I'm in the same boat pretty much. I've got to find some stands as well. My wife thinks the speakers are too big and distracting to mount on the walls. She wants me to put them on stands. So my plan is to please her and put them on stands near the rear corners of the room. I've never owned any stands and I know absolutely nothing about them. Sounds like I have a lot to learn before a buy any. Geez. Can't anything be simple? [*-)]

• 2 months later...

The EFSAT-Euro is the only one that seems to have an adjustable height and it also claims to hold 10lbs (which is what the RS-42s weight, but also what the Vantage's claimed to be able to hold). Additionally, looking at the installation documentation, (http://www.sanus.com/pdf/manualEN/6901-100012.pdf) their "Klipsch RS mount" bracket is... not for any Klipsch RS speaker I've ever seen.

If you check this out, http://www.sanus.com/pdf/manualEN/6901-300012.pdf, on page seven to shows a mount for a double threaded insert. The only problem with that would be how high you would need to put it.

James