multiple subs -- do they need to match?

SteveLee

I just scored a Klipsch LF-10 on uBid for $369, which seems to be a good deal (assuming no defects ...). I currently have a KSW-12, and am wondering if it'll make any sense to run the LF-10 with my front and LFE channels and use the KSW-12 with the rear channels. Seems like lots of folks are using multiple subs, so I'm wondering if this combo (two subs with very different output and frequency range) makes any sense? I'll appreciate hearing your thoughts ...

Steve

-----------------

Front L/R: KLF-20

Front/Rear Center: KLF-C7

Rear Surround: KSF-S5 (for now)

Subs: KSW-12, LF-10

Yes it will work,and damn well if the setup and fine tunig is done with care.

I use four subs in one setup and three in the main.And even with my PC I use two! I am a sub human freak

Wink.gif

You may run both subs from the SUB out on your reciever or pre/pro split the cable.Then you adjust the cutoff of each and the output depending on what sounds best to you.

I at one time had ALL my subs in one room! BURP

After a day of changes and moving and more moving and freq.cutoff changes and ogain adjusts I made all these subs sound quite good.No need to say the bass wass earth moving. Smile.gif

So first find a place for the subs(where they produce good SPL and least coloration...room)then adjust the output and cutoff(both dont need to be cut at the same freq.).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I am still playing around with placement of my KSW200 and my LF10, I like the KSW200 near the center of the sound stage because almost all of my adjustments have the bigger boomy sub helping with the mid-bass and the smaller LF10 helping with the low bass. It is in the corner now, but I am about to stack it on top of the KSW200 again since that combination can give a lot of mid-bass punch ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!