need approx. appraisel on some klipsch speakers

samrozzi

I have had these 2 klipsch speakers for a LONG time now and they are still in mint-mint condition and was wondering if they were worth anything sice I ahve read up a little and some models seem to be worth a pretty penny.

The thing is I am not sure of the model or anything but I took a few pictures and here they are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

if anyone could reply saying any info such as model or the name of the speakers or even a approx. price of the value, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

KLIPSCH
KG-4 OAK or WALNUT OIL (PAIR)

Retail used A- BEST:

$370

Retail used B- BETTER:

$330

Retail used C- FAIR-Good:

$280

cert_seal1.gif

Definition of price catagories

BEST

The fair market value of the item in mint condition. Everything operating correctlyPerfect cosmetic condition, acoustically and or electronically perfect, and normallyhas 30 day warranty. Might have the original manual for the unit with it, as well as theoriginal manufacturers packing box.

BETTER

The fair market value of the item in good condition. A few cosmetic flaws, acoustically and or electronically works without problems, might show some signs of wear, does not comewith warranty.

FAIR-Good

The fair market value of the item in fair to good condition. Some dents, scratchesor nicks, some wear, acoustically and or electronically functions. Does not come with warranty.Some times sold as is, but should be working.

yeah thats what I planned on doing, but I remember reaidng somewere that some models of klipsch speakers were going for over 1,000$ and if that was true with mine I would of considered selling. But I will keep since I have had these speakers since mid 80's and are still in PERFECT MINT MINT condition and the sound is amazing.

I get a kick out of the emotional estimates of what they should be worth.

And unless this estimate is for insurance purposes, do a search of completed auctions on EBay to discover what real people are actually willing to pay. Then compare the condition.

"And unless this estimate is for insurance purposes, do a search of completed auctions on EBay to discover what real people are actually willing to pay. Then compare the condition. "

right on...

I would hesitate to call them mint-mint with the dust caps pushed in on the passive radiators. While that posses no issue with sound, it is a major cosmetic flaw IMO. They are a good bang for your buck speaker. I recommend holding on to them and enjoying them. You can't replace them with a better speaker for what you will get out of them. Good luck, and enjoy!

Jeremy