Why no RSW15 for Xmas?

boomer9911

I must say, I am dismayed at the thought the we still have no RSW-15 subs up here. My Dealer got 2 in, and they vanished in a flash.....sold to a member of this forum fortunately, but unfortunately not moi. My Dealer stated he was "lucky" to get his hands on 2 as they had just come in to the Distributor, only 2??????

What's up Klipsch, myself Christmas\Birthday gift won't be here for the great Boxing Day sales and not forecast till Jan sometime(complete distributuion). I missed the last time our WCD was here, but from a release date of Sept\Oct for the RSW-15, am I missing something?

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 12-23-2001 at 02:20 AM

hey after checking out the RSW REVIEW at:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_4/subwoofers-12-2001.html

im not verry happy on the RSW15 review and i hope i did not make a mistake in buying one when i get it..

well i'll have to wait and see..mind you the RSW15 does need a break in period so the review could be premature...i heard the RSW15 a real POWNDER, but i'll have to wait till i finally get mine in jan sometime....

I for one love my 2 x RSW15's. I do not think you will be disappointed with them.

While I read the SVS, Klipsch, Velo etc review with interest I do not seem to disagree with the oppinion that they only do well with music material.

I have found them capable of that feeling of rippling floor boards in my 32' x 20' HT room. I wish I could get a CS Ultra package on demo so I could see for myself what the difference is in my actual setup.

I am very happy with my setup.

Ben

A belated Merry Christmas to all, love Marmot Basin in Jasper AB this time of year Smile.gif

Thanks for the interesting read KG, I feel my sub decision is my most important having all Heritage. I am in the "A" group mind you, not into shaking my knees from the ankles up, but Tom Cochrane with Red Rider, live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, with great bass would be something else( 2 channel Khorns, awesome).

From what I have read and got answers from TomV at SVS, the dual pc's have my interest, but then again I don't think afterburners would be appropriate at this time. I did listen to a Sunfire this evening. Surprised this little rubix cube at 12" and 2700W allows you to push the driver 3"(didn't try, but checked out a broken one he had), wild. I'm still floored from this sub, the Signature was something else even more, but like they say, dynamite comes in small packages. I watched Pearl Harbour with RF7's, RC7, RS7, and all I can say is WOW! Bring on the RSW's Smile.gif

Good to hear you enjoy the 15's Ben...*cheers*

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 12-28-2001 at 04:36 AM

He he see I told ya the small Sunflowers can kick some larger subs in the butt.

The SUnfire SIgnature will beat the RSW15 on very low bass easy.Next time the reviewer better have one for comparison.I am confident the Signature has more output at 30Hz and below then the RSW15.

I have three Sunfires and one Carver working as one. Smile.gif

BIG SUB BASS

I reach almost 120dB at 25Hz in my small room.

cwm3.gif

All this from tiny cubes called the Sunflowers by some.Not the cheapest way to get big bass but sure fun to watch those tiny drivers move so much air.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

How right you are TE...LOL....listened to the Signature this time round with Star Wars, Phantom Menace, with the same R7 setup, and I'm still in a state of awe, even though I have not heard them on a musical note.

Still want to see\hear the RSW as a dedicated Klipsch fan though.

PS. Forgot to add, the components were the Marantz A\V Receiver 7200 and the DVD 6200, using a Marantz projector with DVDO Iscan Pro(line doubler), on a 100" screen.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 12-30-2001 at 03:08 AM