Reference series in my room

mils

Hi , I have RB-61s for front , RC-52 for center , and RS-25s for surround.I will buy RF-62s or RB-81s for front,replace RB-61s.So I have to sell RB-61s or RS-25.I wonder know which speaker should I keep,RB-61s or RS-25s ,for surround???My percentage of music is 70% and movie is 30%.Is the RF-62's music performance better than RB-81's ???For me ,Bookshelf or floorstanding is not a problem,I just want to know which can play a nice music.I like classic and OST.My room is 12ft x 14ft.Thanks.

I wonder know which speaker should I keep,RB-61s or RS-25s ,for surround???My percentage of music is 70% and movie is 30%.For me ,Bookshelf or floorstanding is not a problem,I just want to know which can play a nice music.

I am basing this on your statement that you listen to music 70% of the time.

If you listen to music in a 5.1 format 70% of the time, you may want to keep the RB61 for surrounds. If you listen to music in 2 channel only, than I would use the RS-25. I think it depends on which mode you listen to your music in. Personally for me I am probably 50/50 music, movies. I like the music from bookshelves rather than from the WDST (RS) speakers. That is why I utilize RB's for my surrounds. YMMV.

I wonder know which speaker should I keep,RB-61s or RS-25s ,for surround???My percentage of music is 70% and movie is 30%.For me ,Bookshelf or floorstanding is not a problem,I just want to know which can play a nice music.

I am basing this on your statement that you listen to music 70% of the time.

If you listen to music in a 5.1 format 70% of the time, you may want to keep the RB61 for surrounds. If you listen to music in 2 channel only, than I would use the RS-25. I think it depends on which mode you listen to your music in. Personally for me I am probably 50/50 music, movies. I like the music from bookshelves rather than from the WDST (RS) speakers. That is why I utilize RB's for my surrounds. YMMV.

Thanks for your advice.I will keep trying.

• 4 weeks later...

I have got my new main speakers,RF-62 for birthday gift.

My $ony STR-DB795 droved RB-61 a little bad ,

but,now is driving RF-62 well disregarding the bass.

An amp drives bookshelf speaker bad can drives floorstand speakers well?

Surprisingly,the RF-62's music performance is better than RB-61.

Now I hear more smooth , vivid ,clear ,powerful sound and more details.

Today I compared RB-61 with RS-25 for surround.

RB-61 performs powerful clear and RS-25 preforms wide , better coverage.

RS-25 has 2 smaller horns,and RB-61 has one bigger horn.

RS-25 only goes down to 79Hz while RB-61 to 43Hz...

My room is small(4m x 3.7m) so I won't set 7.1 .

Actually,I want to buy RC-62 replacing RC-52 for the better match for RF-62.

Does my RS-25 go well with RF-62s and RC-62 ?Is RS-25 too small???

Thanks for your advice,I love my RF-62 very much.

Hello,

To help you out a little more can you answer a question. How are the surround speakers placed, on the side or behind? I only ask cause if you have them on the side then I would sitck with the RS. If you have them behind you then stick with the RB.

Hello,

To help you out a little more can you answer a question. How are the surround speakers placed, on the side or behind? I only ask cause if you have them on the side then I would sitck with the RS. If you have them behind you then stick with the RB.

My surround speakers are placed on the side cause I always sit against the wall.When using RB-61 for surround,I place them in the corner with an angle toe-in.When using RS-25s,I just place them on the side.I never place RS-25 behind but I often watch this in this forum.Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like you have a handle on it. How does the setup sound? Which one are you going to keep?

James

I am going to keep RS-25 cause the RS-25 sounds wild , better coverage and the movement of sound is easy to hear.Thanks.