RW-10d & Pioneer vsx-1016

hasaanbhutta

hey guys

you can see my components down in my signature. my problem is my sub isnt giving me any signal. i have the volume on SUB at +10dB and my receiver is set at SBWFR +9. i also have a Y-adapter to get my single sub cable into both inputs of the sub.

any ideas would be helpful.....

Has your subwoofer ever had any sound coming from it or is it a problem that recently started happening?

On the setup menu of your receiver do you have your subwoofer set to "On"? Does it work if you change to different surround modes? Do you have your speakers set to "Large or Small?" What do you have your crossover levels set at? 80Hz is where many people have theirs set. Before you start monkeying around with different troubleshooting things I'd lower the sub's level on your receiver to 0. You don't want to start blasting bass through your sub once you get everything figured out.

Just a general recommendation regarding subwoofers, and that is to set the levels on the sub itself as high as they can go as far as gain, crossover, etc. Then let your receiver handle adjusting those items.

• 2 weeks later...

I am certainly NOT knowledgable about the tech end of this question, but I did notice that some Pioneer receivers have a firmware update to correct subwoofer performance. I think it had to do with HDMI audio, but it might be worth it to check with Pioneer.