New sub...oh my...so many to choose from!

mikieboyblue

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a 150 watt 10in Sony sub. It is OK but I got used to my Pioneer 800 watt sub in my car and need something with more POWER for home. I am running a 2 channel setup (a pair of Chorus IIs) and an entry level Pioneer receiver (which will be replaced by the Denon 2307cl soon -- unless someone thinks a separates system would be cheaper for 2 channel and if so recommendations are welcome). So, given that, do we have some recommendations for subs? I want at least a 12 and all brands are welcome.

Mike

Hi there Mike.

I'm actually in the market looking for a new sub too. From my finding so far anything from SVS, HSU, Velodyne,
Axiom, or if you got the money to spend JL Audio. Any of these would be a worthy purchase. Whats your price range? You should pm TheEar, he IS the sub man, and could answer any questions you would have. Also, you should head on over to the avs forums: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=6deb9b889bb6f71555cbfb020cf8fdab&t=7681506 They have just a sub section and everyone there has done a lot research on their woofers.

Anyway, hope that helps out, let us know what sub you end up deciding on.

later on,

-Andrew

Hi there Mike.

I'm actually in the market looking for a new sub too. From my finding so far anything from SVS, HSU, Velodyne,

Axiom, or if you got the money to spend JL Audio. Any of these would be a worthy purchase. Whats your price range? You should pm TheEar, he IS the sub man, and could answer any questions you would have. Also, you should head on over to the avs forums: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=7681506 They have just a sub section and everyone there has done a lot research on their woofers.

Anyway, hope that helps out, let us know what sub you end up deciding on.

later on,

-Andrew

Thanks for that thread. I will have to read through all of it. My price range is a few hundred, no more than 6 or 7. I know...not enough....but hopefully good enough....

• 2 weeks later...