just bought 4 18's for my room

masterxela

I have a "computer" mic, and just for fun I hooked it up. I went in to microsoft's sound recorder, clicked record, and then opened my tone generator and did a sweep from 1000 to 20 over 20 seconds. When I played back the recording, it was identical to the initial sweep, would this imply that the mic is good down to 20?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I get into a conversation about audio in general, its almost always with car audio guys, because in college, no one is into ht, or decent "non-rap" music reproduction at all. It might be the whole, broke with no space issue, but I found a way around it.

I'm of course pu$$y $hit for not hitting 140db, but I get a little respect when they hear I have 2 8's, 2 10's and 4 18's in my room. When people see my subs, they just can't believe they're in a residence, they look more like commercial subs you see at clubs, except bigger. (16 cubic feet, about 200lbs, each)

As plexi-glass reinforcement goes, my only problem is the door to my basement, and that's not near as distracting as my room issues. Too bad I don't have enough money to eat 3 meals a day right now. Otherwise, I'd fix it. Oh, and I won't blow anything. I've had the crown flash clip and the subs are still in happy range. On extreme material, I'm only doing about 1/2 max excursion. So much surface area, theres complete authority with barely visual movement.