center channel

tgourlie

OK heres the deal. I have two Heresy II's for my fronts right now, I need a center !!!BAD!!! I would love to get another heresy for the center but the magnets would kill my tv. Even if I put bucking magnets on it I just cannot see a Heresy sitting on my TV.

I was thinking of maybe the KLF-C7 in the oak woodgrain(if it would match my heresys). I know these are not an exact match, is their that much difference?

Also if I would get the KLF-C7 I was thinking about buying the KLF 10-20-30 for the fronts and moving the heresys to the rear. But the $$$ could become a problem for me.

Any help?!?!?!?!

KLF-C7 is not perfectly timbre matched to Heresy II, but it might be a good compromise. It all depends on your ears.

If you call Klipsch tech support, I am sure they can tell you what the best choice would be.

Of course, if you go with KLF-30s, the KLF-C7 should be just fine.

If you are using a direct view TV, you could put the TV on top of another Heresy II, maybe on its side, with bucking magnets as necessary. Not an option for most rear projection sets. But then, if the magnets are a concern with the speaker on top, you probably do not have a rear projection set.

Question. Why do you think you need a center BAD? Do you have a large distance between the left and right front speakers. Most AV receivers have a phantom mode that routes the center channel information equally to the left and front speakers. Set up right, you may not be able to tell the difference between phantom mode and a real center channel, at least from one listening position.