Onkyo TX-SR705 Impressive

willland

Just bought an Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver Sunday @ CC for what seamed like a one day only sale of $549.99. MSRP for this baby is $799.99. Unmatched number of features @ this price-point: 100wt,1.3 HDMI w/3 in 1 out,Audyssey MULTEQ XT,XM & Sirius ready,THX Select2, plus too many more to list. Also has two built in coolant fans on the bottom to help address the heat issues that seem to plague Onkyo a/v receivers. I didn't think my Klipsch speakers could sound any better than they do. I was dead wrong. This receiver brings out a fullness in my RVX-42 system that I did not think existed. For those of you who are not sure if an Onkyo will mate well with Klipsch, I think this new generation of Onkyo's might need a second look.

Thanks,

One man's opinion

I had an Onkyo HT-R500(100wt) from a HTIB hooked up. My only "personal" experience is with Onkyo. The 500 did seem a little bright. The 705 has a much more dynamic range with the broad array of digital and analog formats.