Lou Donaldson Quartet in Annapolis, MD Saturday Aug. 25th

JBryan

The back room at the Lennox Lounge is a great place to hear music--small, great sound (don't really know WHY, but the sound in that room is territic).

It's at 125th and Lennox in Harlem. Last time I was there we heard Jimmy McGriff and Reuben Wilson.

How was Seet Poppa Lou last night?

The back room at the Lennox Lounge is a great place to hear music--small, great sound (don't really know WHY, but the sound in that room is territic).

It's at 125th and Lennox in Harlem. Last time I was there we heard Jimmy McGriff and Reuben Wilson.

How was Seet Poppa Lou last night?

Lou was great. The show went almost exactly as you predicted. Opened with Blues Walk and sang a few tunes here and there. No Red Top though. He told the same jokes I'm sure he's told a thousand times over the years. He's a great entertainer and he can still blow!

The house band was great; all but the drummer were from Baltimore. The B3 player stole the show however. I can't remember his name but he was amazing!!! A good time was had by all.