Need advice on rear surrounds

shochman

I currently have the following HT setup.

Panasonic 42X75U, Onkyo TX-SR505, RB51, RC52, RPW-10, and SS.5. I am looking for advice as to whether I should replace the SS.5's. I do not have a wall to hang speakers on, so I purchased Omni mount adjustable stands that can be raised as high as 58" for the surrounds . My guess is that RS-42's or RB-51's would be too big for the stands. Should I stick with the SS.5's or upgrade to RS-10's or RB-10's. All three have similar specifications. Are there any other alternatives? My current system sounds sweet so I am wondering if investing another $200+ is cost effective.

. Should I stick with the SS.5's or upgrade to RS-10's or RB-10's. All three have similar specifications. Are there any other alternatives? My current system sounds sweet so I am wondering if investing another $200+ is cost effective.

My 2 cents..... it's not worth spending $200 for what amounts to a horizontal upgrade to the '10s'. On the other hand, upgrading to the RB-51's or RS-42's would be a worthwhile upgrade. The 51's are the cheaper alternative, and you could probably buy a pair for $275-300. Not quite 200...but not very much more.