Synergy Sub 10-vs-RW12

mrseamus

Hello all,

I am currently running a Sub 10 with my system and considering getting an RW-12. The remainder of the system is as follows:

Front: RF3 II, Center: RC3II, Surrounds: RF3, Rear Center: RC3, Sub 10 (as previously mentioned), Pioneer 1016vx

Will I notice a big difference converting the Sub to the reference series?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

from klipsch's website: sub-10 is -3 at 28hz, 200w continuous, 430w peak, max output 115db at 30hz

rw-12: -3 at 21hz, 340w continuous, 825w peak, max output 113db at 30hz

if you want it louder, probably not going to get your "big difference", deeper, yes

you will notice a big difference on dvd's

both are ported (big rolloff under tuning), so after the sub-10's -3 at 28hz, i bet it its 10db under the rw-12 at 21hz, and theres plenty of 20hz material in dvd's

if you listen to metal/rock/ anything but rap, probably not much diffference in music

Masterxela,

Thanks for your response. As I age, I am no longer listening to the heavy metal and hard rock that I did in my younger days. I have converted to more of an action movie kinda person and I am looking for that big thump of base. The Sub-10 is kinda giving me what I was looking for, however, the opportunity to "upgrade" to a reference 12" sub was kinda enticing. In your opinion, would it be worth the $375 expense?

To those of you who have read but not chose to answer, (Probably due to Masterxela's detailed response) I would love your opinons as well. Don't hold back.

Thanks to all, waiting on your advise.

I can only guess what you have now and what you are looking for. The easiest thing to do would for you to audition them side by side in your own room. Let your ears decide.

You can always buy one new, listen to it, and return it. If you liked it, go buy it used. Or, buy the one you returned open box for a lot less.

Also, what would you do with your sub-10? You could always run both