problem with volume

joessportster

i have a 37" lcd vizio tele. and i cant get any volume from the speakers, so i am trying to figure out something small that i can hook up to the audio out and then hook up a pair of bookshelf type speakers so we can hear the tv while on the couch

any ideas here ????????

budget is very low

not trying to get theatre sound, just want to hear the thing

Joe

Sorry if I insult your intelligence by asking, but do you have the audio connections hooked up to the right input on the TV?

What connections are you running (HDMI, Component, etc)? If you are running HDMI then try also running the stereo audio cables to the TV. Maybe your cable/sat receiver isn't passing audio over HDMI. You could also check the settings on your cable/sat receiver to see if there is an option to pass audio via bitstream or analog. Also if your cable/sat receiver has a DVI out and uses a DVI to HDMI converter you will not get any audio. You would need to run the audio separately via a rca stero connection.

Supposedly the Vizio products have 1 Year In-Home Service Warranty. Why wouldn't you just have it replaced or repaired?