Mullard EL34/6CA7

jcmusic

Scott let me ask you this, which ones sounded best to you in your amps?

Jay

Jay,

I would not be able to tell you. I've had very strong quads of xf1, xf2 and xf4 in my amps. You could swap them all day on me and I couldn't tell you which was which. I do like the Mullards though. They aren't worth the prices they command vs. a good quad of Svetlana C's I don't think. I am not a hugely critical listener however, so if there are some tiny nuances between these tubes, I might not be one to pick them out.

Jay,

I would not be able to tell you. I've had very strong quads of xf1, xf2 and xf4 in my amps. You could swap them all day on me and I couldn't tell you which was which. I do like the Mullards though. They aren't worth the prices they command vs. a good quad of Svetlana C's I don't think. I am not a hugely critical listener however, so if there are some tiny nuances between these tubes, I might not be one to pick them out.

Well Scott I shall find out soon enough, I pick up a pair of XF1's good price. I am looking forward to hearing them.

Jay