Initial KSW-12 Review

PointSource

Hello!

I went to my local authorized dealer and picked up a Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer for $299.

Hook up was a breeze. I didn't use monster cable, just cheap MCM cable to my receiever. I have a Yamaha HTR-5460 Receiver and Klipsch RF-3 II Front speakers.

My initial impressions is how accurate and tight this sub system sounds. For instance, on Pink Floyd's "Hey You", the kick drum is very tight, very fast, loud and low. It also handled "The Chemical Brothers" cd quite well. On Track 2, there is a 5 second sweep, and the KSW-12 was shaking up everything.

It gets loud enough for my needs; and I listen to music loudly. I can't imagine what the RSW-12 or RSW-15 could do!

Oh by the way, I have a quick question. Should I upgrade to Monster Cable instead of using a cheap MCM cable from my receiver to my sub? Will it make a big difference?

Thanks a lot!

------------------

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings.....-Pink Floyd, Learning To Fly

Glad to hear you are happy with it. I am very satisfied with my KSW12 (and all the Klipsch speakers). The 15" sub would be too much for my tastes (and my neighbors)

------------------

My simple system:

Denon AVR-1801

Pioneer PD-F100 CD changer

Pioneer DV-414 DVD player

Klipsch KG5.5 main, KG.5 rear, KV-3 center & KSW12 sub

My website