RF-7 Woofer Problem !! =( Help!

Groto

I have had my brand new RF-7s for a few months now. When I play some songs with pretty low bass one of the 4 woofers on my speakers makes some type of garbled sound. It only does it when certain frequencies. The lowest bass does not have that problem. Does anyone know waht the problem is? The woofer is in perfect condition and never been touched.

Hey. I don't know if this will help but I had to pull one of the woofers out and re-attach the wires because they had come loose. I squeezed the terminals alittle so they would fit tighter.

You could also check the jumpers on the terminal cup to make sure they are making good contact across the HF and LF.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow you are a genius. It took me this long to do it becuase I didn't know if I would void the warranty. I actually swapped the woofer with one from another speaker becuase the Klipsch guy told me to do that. One of the woofers was really hard to dissconnect and the other was real loose. That fixed it! THANK YOU!!! I was so scared that I bottomed out one of these. Wouldn't it be really hard to bottom out one of these huge woofers?

Thanks!

When I bought my RF-7s used I brought them home in an SUV and in the process of getting them in my house one of the connectors on a woofer came loose and resulted in that woofer not working at all. Going off the advice of everyone on here I took the woofer out and sure enough the wire was loose. Good thing it didn't fry my amp!

See I just transported mine to college at the end of August.They had been moved a few times before also. One of them started having this weird sounding problem at only low bass, but this problem did not start until randomly last month. I wonder if it got loose and then my crazy bass music vibrated it more loose =P I would think that Klipsch would use better quality connectors on their top model with huge 10in woofers. I mean geesh