New to this forum

Classykilla

First I would like to say that I am impressed by the knowledge of some of the posters here at this site. Although I don't really understand a lot of whats being said. So please forgive me if this is an elementary question. I just bought f-1 tower speakers and on the back it has 2 red and 2 black terminals. I have a Denon 687 which has 8 terminals, for the front left and front right speakers. 4 are under A and four are under B. I guess what I am asking is should the 4 terminals be wired separately on the back of the F-1. Right now I have the one wire running through both neg terminals same for the positive. Then I just used A side on the receiver. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You only need one black and one red wire from the amp to each speaker. Of the 4 terminals labeled A, two of them are for the left speaker and two of them are for the right speaker. Your speaker has 4 terminals because it can be bi-amplified, but I wouldn't bother with that as it'd be a waste of money for little-to-no performance gain. Notice the two black terminals on your speaker should be connected to each other with a metal plate (and the same with the red) so you only need to connect to one (of each color). The manual/directions that came with your speakers should have explained that, and the manual for your Denon should also have some connection diagrams.