RF RC RS 52 vs. RF RC RS 62

Sonnie

I'm thinking about taking the Klipsch plunge in my home theater room but not really sure which ones I need. At present I'm running a Denon 2807 Receiver with Boston Acoustics VR2 mains, VRC center and VRX surrounds. My room is 11.5' wide x 19.5' deep x 8' high... ~1800^3. Fully sealed and treated acoustically. I have a couple of SVSound PB12-Plus/2's and a DIY Dual 15" LLT. Needless to say... I'm overflowing with bass.

I'm considering either the RF RC RS 52 setup or the RF RC RS 62 setup. There doesn't appear to be a terribly large difference between the two other than the size of the woofers... 5.25" vs 6.5"... then there is a 4Hz variance in bass response, 1db variance in sensitivity and 1800Hz vs. 1900Hz crossover point.

With my small room, will the 52 setup be sufficient or is there reason to strongly consider the 62 setup?

Are there any other considerations I'm missing?

Many thanks!

Sonnie

I have a RF RC62 and love it. But if you have the money you might consider the RF82's with RC62. Listen to them both. Like my wife says, the bigger the better(LOL). I'm sure someone else will chime in and tell you what will go good with your room size as well as your budget. Good luck my friend.

Sonnie,

You might consider Heresy's. The Heresy III is a wonderful speaker. Three across the front would sound terrific. Lesser cost alternative would be to go the used route, Heresy I's and II's go for $350-450 a pair. They are 2/3 the sound of K-horns at 1/3 the price (seems like that was an old advertising slogan).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sonnie,

When I designed this system I made sure that every step up in models was a step up in sound. You can only read so much into specs. Some of the specs are deceiving, not on purpose, just the way it is. For instance some models show lower Fc then the larger model. It is because the reference SPL is higher not that it doesn't go as low.

When I listen to the RF82, 63 and 83 each of these models have benefits depending on how you listen. If you want dynamics then you need a 12 to 1 compression driver as in 63, 83 and RC64. If you don't listen loud the RF - 82 is flatter, just not as dynamic. It is still more dynamic then most competitive speakers because our reference efficiency is usually higher. But you can't replace the punchy kick drum snap coming from a 63 or 83.

So in your case I would recommend that if you are more discerning listener you by the best system you can afford. If WAF is most important buy the little guy.