sound card

slingblade

Get the Philips Acoustic Edge. It sound like you just want a sound card, no daughter board or super powerful processer, just good sound that can do 4.1. THat is why i recommend the AE (Acoustic Edge). If not that then equally the Santa Cruz from Voyetra. Both cost 79-99 bucks and provide excellent sound, better than any of the Sound Blaster Live! cards Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

thanks, justin.

I can get a turtle beach santa cruz (retail) fer 59 dinero. Best I can do on the AE is $99 (retail).

I could care less about the gaming thing, I want to rock out on the mp3's. Thinking of installing a dvd, though. Room is too small fer a 5.1 experience.

When i win the lottery, I will have the monster plasma screen, 26.4 sound, and what the heck ever they come up with. By that time, I'm sure I will have upgraded the system. P2 350, 192mb ram, cdrw (fer the rock on thing), 19" proview, various other junk....lol

As fer as the living room, where I spend no time< Yamaha electronics, kg5 front, kg3 rear. It does rock.

Just so you know, i am no total dummy. Licensed electrician with a AA in electronics. I work as a maintenance electrician, and also for myself(fer nebody that will pay me).

Owner of 2 Soundstream mc500's, 4 D200's, 4 Alpine 3542's. All bought over 10 years ago and still rockin.

After all this crud, i guess my ? is.... is the AE worth $40 more than the santa cruz?

------------------

I like them french fried potaters....mmmmhhhhmmmm

The santa cruz has excellent sound. but i have not had a lot of experience with it. but if you are just using it for a 4.1 then don't worry about the 5.1 mp3's so i say go for it. you will not find a consumer grade card with better sound, and the drivers are very stable, compared with SB Live... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

But I still recommend a SB Audigy Card...just for 99 bucks with a good sound output too and no problem for any 4.1, good game AdvanceEAX compability, Firewire port, and ready for you too upgrade into 5.1! Plus tons of software such as SoundFont, Wave Editor, PlayCenter, Surround Mixer, etc.

^_^