Need some help please

g_mac_okie

Welcome to the Forum.

Depending on if you have enough power to drive them sufficiently, I would find a pair of the discontinued RF-7's to have up front with your RC-7 and move your RF-5's to surround duty and have an HT that you would never have to upgrade for either music or movies. [H]

I am not as opposed to WDST as arky, but in my primary Home Theater I prefer direct radiating speakers for side surrounds and rears. I have a small HT as a main system and sit close to all of my speakers. The SS are parallel to the only listening position and my rears are equal distance behind me as the Mains are in front.

In my Bedroom the WDST speakers work out better because I have multiple listening positions for different applications of the sound system. In bed while watching movies or tv they are parallel to our head and work quite well. While up and about during the day we are at the other end of the room where the rear horns point ( 1 from each ss) and I don't notice any ill effects on Hi Rez music.

In yet another extreme, our larger Workout room has the WDST RS-3's and they fill the room quite nicely.

I haven't compared the newer technology of the RS-52's to the older RS-7's but I feel they would work, but I can't say if they would be preferable.